Alright people, listen up! I have been doing my wedding research and I have found nineteen trends from 2018 that are going to be rung out in the New Year! They did us proud but for the 2019 wedding season, I say hasta luego baby to them all!
- First Looks. I know. Can you believe? No big reveal between the two of you before the ceremony. In 2019, truly, everyone wants to be a part of that moment when the bride and groom see each other for the first time.
- Empty Spaces. Oh, boy Pinterest loving crafty folks gone is finding a venue where YOU have to find all the vendors or you, your family or friends have to do all the work. 2019 couples will gravitate towards all-inclusive venues for a one-stop shop, less stressed affair.
- Short Engagements. Yup, they are on the decline. Couples are opting to enjoy their engagements without jumping right into the stressful wedding planning. Couples are giving themselves 6 to 12 months to just enjoy this phase of their relationship.
- Ivory and White Wedding Dresses. This will never totally go out of style but this year there will be more colors other than ivory and white for wedding dresses. Melodramatic purple, gold, silver, and lilac is the rage for 2019!
- Aloha, Palm Leaves. Tropical themed weddings won’t have palm leaves they will be replaced with King Protea, pastel orchids, and funky anthurium!
- Rustic Spaces. You will see more of a refined look that leaves room for more elegance. Think less baby breath and burlap and more industrial chic. Modern metallic and hardlines will be paired with lush soft florals and greenery to balance this style.
- Pastel and Copper. Yup, gone. There will be more bold colors in jewel tones for linens, tablescapes, and florals.
- Sparklers. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt. They are definitely out! Here’s the 411, giving sparklers to drunk guests may not have been too wise.
- Rose Gold and Blush. I sadly say, good-bye. I know it’s a gorgeous pair. Now, you will see neutral palettes paired with deep blues and jewel tones.
- Seasonal Decor and Colors. Wedding florals are moving away from traditional seasonal colors. Traditional autumn colors, think maroon, green and reds will be replaced with turquoise instead.
- Favors. Hurray to this one! It’s a waste of time and money. Couples are opting for a better dessert or a late night snack to thank the guests and to keep them in the moment of celebration.
- Naked Cake. So long! Intricate cake designs will be the rage.
- Naked Table. Bye-bye farm table! Hello, luxe linens to adorn the tablescape.
- Traditional Get-Away Cars. No more limos. Couples want a unique getaway experience opting for a fire truck, Tesla or a decked out golf cart.
- Shabby Chic. Ditch the shabby and stay with the chic.
- Traditional Buffets. Let’s face it, just like the traditional ivory or white wedding dress buffets will never go out of style. However, couples are opting for spreading out different food stations to give guests more freedom to spread out and the sides are pre-set at the tables “family style”.
- Large Bridal Parties. Couples want to keep things simple, less expensive, less drama and more personal. They are opting for siblings or just very close friends to be the maid-of-honor and best man.
- Greenery. Just like Ivory and white wedding dresses, and buffets, greenery will never total go away you will just see less of it. Couples will be opting for more lush beautiful blooms.
- Photo Booths. Like the sparklers, they are history. Couples are opting for mobile bars, prosecco vans, organic walls for photo taking and a mixologist on sight!
So now you are current and hip! But just to keep it real, if there is something from 2018 you absolutely love, do it! It’s your wedding! So go forth, plan and celebrate!
Post Written By PKM